(Tips to get started on now)
- North or South, January is a good time to review garden catalogs and order early to be ready to go when spring arrives
- Inspect for frost heaves around your outdoor plants and apply mulch
- If you have received a poinsettia plant (Euphorbia pulcherrima ) for Christmas, put it in a window where it gets lots of daylight, water it when the soil surface is dry to the touch.
- If you are storing bulbs, corms, or tubers, check them to make sure that they arenot rotting or drying out
- Recycle your Christmas tree
- Read on for lots of great tips nationally and for each region of the US